- Lemon Grass, about 2 inches chopped
- Basil Leaves- 4 or 5, well-slapped
- Peel of one organic grapefruit, slivered
- Grated zest of 4 organic limes
- 1/2 teaspoon gentian root
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 teaspoon grains of paradise, crushed
- 400 ml high proof spirits (I used our Stonebarn unsweetened Ouzo)
Force everything into a bottle and let soak for a week.
Shake daily. Strain.
Adapted from Seasonal Cocktail Companion by Maggie Savarino
The drink we made at Cocktails Demystyfied:
- Cranberry Liqueur
- Unoaked Rye Whiskey
- Lime Juice
- Simple syrup (should be reduced to taste)
- 3 dashes bitters (see above)
Shake with ice, serve up.
Garnish with mint leaf, add sparkle with ginger beer